Tuesday 29 October 2013

What external hard drive to get ?

What is up people ?

For the past couple of days I have been dealing with a slight problem. Yes people its storage. My internal hard drive space is pretty low. I'm around the 60gb range on my laptop and I honestly don't want to erase anything. But come on how many memory sticks can we have ? So I decided to do some research on Amazon for some of the cheapest, elegant, sleek and best performance wise external hard drives. There are a lot of cool ones out on the market, but I found three that got my attention.


The first one being the Seagate 2TB expansion. The reason why I particularly like this product is its big storage. Its sleek and elegant design looks awesome accompanied by any computer and the price range is very attractive coming in under seventy-five euro. Its clean and simple but effective. The device is not USB powered and for some people that may cause hassle.



The next hard drive that I thought was quite cool is the Seagate 1TB expansion. The 1TB version is much smaller than its 2TB buddy and its design is totally identical but its got something to it. I think it may be the price range which is just under the sixty euro range. Its small and easy to carry around and looks good anywhere it goes. I think that its not USB powered people so if you are going abroad with this thing be sure to bring an adaptor.


I saved the best for last. The Buffalo Ministation is the one that I think is an obvious winner. The design on the drive is simple and tidy and the device is powered by the USB outlet so no external power will be needed. The device comes in just under a very attractive sixty euro and a two year warranty is included. With a 3.0 USB it enables faster data transfer and retrieval. All of these hard drives are ready to go once you plug them so I guess its convenient for all of us. 

Thanks for checking this out people and follow me on twitter @Jacob0527 for regular updates and news about the site. 

See you all soon !!!

2 comments: