Wednesday 24 July 2013

What am I currently playing at the moment.

What is up people ?

Today I am going to share with you my top three games that I am currently playing at the moment. One of these games may be outdated(Dead island 2011) to some of you, but I still think its an awesome game for various reasons. As you may know from my previous posts I am a big zombie fan. I love games that require survival and modified weapons and open world is definitely a bonus.

Dead Island:




Dead Island is a great game for many many different reasons. First of all its an open world, head-bashing, zombie killing, weapons modifying type of game. I love it even if there are couple of minor glitches occurring here and there. Second of all its in first person. Come on people who doesn't love a first person zombie game and dead island does it quite well actually. Most zombie games are in third person which is good if you're playing a game like the last of us but with a game like state of decay well then I think it would have been nice to see that in first person. I actually preferred the last of us in third person because it was cool to see the reaction on Joel's face during the different events that were happening and also I think it would have been tough to play that game in first person(Clickers + Runners + First person = COMPLICATED.) Third of all dead island has a wide range of quests to choose from. What would a zombie game be if it missed out on giving control to the player right ? Well dead island gave me so much to choose from that I'm still catching up on quests. EPIC !!!

State Of Decay:


As you may remember I wrote a review for state of decay a while back. Well since then nothing has changed. The game is still really fun, open world madness with zombies and a load of quests to choose from. Its almost like dead island except with dead island I enjoy the first person more than I enjoyed the third person in state of decay. The game is fun and responsive and I really like that whole "find a base, set up camp type of thing". But sometimes I think the game can be a bit ridiculous by having swarms of zombies attacking you from every corner smashing zombie hordes with your vehicle and watching their brains fly all over. Don't get me wrong I think that's a lot of fun but now and again when you want a proper zombie game that offers excitement and thrills around every corner well then you better play the last of us. 

The Last Of Us:


The last of us is definitely a game for you gamers that like a strong story driven campaign with awesome weapons and amazing graphics. I must admit its one of my favourites and I would strongly recommend this game to all of you out there.(If you have a PS3 of course) What I like about the last of us is that the crew over at Naughty Dog were very smart when it came to using their zombies. You see, with the last of us you don't get hordes of zombies like in state of decay and still manage to get out alive. With the last of us you have three runners, one clicker and you know you can't run in and smash all of them, you have to think about every move you are going to make and just when you think you survived bang a clicker jumps on your back and eats your neck. Its an amazing game and does everything right. But sometimes we do need a quirky type of zombie game to remind us where it all began. Take dead island for instance it does have its faults but once you get into the weapon modifying and brain smashing all of those problems just disappear. 

So there you have it people these are my top three games that are currently keeping me occupied at the moment. Comment down below and tell me what games you're currently playing and tell me why you like them.

Thanks for reading people and follow me on twitter @Jacob0527 for some regular updates and some game and technology related news.

See you all soon !!!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment