Wednesday 10 July 2013

GTA V gameplay revealed.

What is up people ?

We have finally been given what we were all waiting for GTA V gameplay. First of all I would like to say I really liked the way that Rockstar used one single voice to describe many elements that will be available in the game (I thought it was a pretty nice introduction). Okay heading over to the trailer.

During the first opening scenes of the trailer we are told that Rockstar have tried to re-imagine the open world game in number of ways. Well people I think that its pretty obvious already. Did you see the various landscapes throughout the game ? They look unbelievable. Look at the movements of the boat in the water, look how the car handles on that road. I remember when I first booted up GTA 4. To go from San Andreas to GTA IV was mind blowing, to see how the graphics were so dramatically improved, and I'm hoping that we will once again get to experience that feeling with GTA V.

In the trailer at about 1.40 I heard and saw something that definitely caught my attention. Players can cut between vantage points. That feature is going to be so awesome and I'm guessing that it will play a major role in the story. Also its nice to see some new fresh ideas are being brought to the table. As the trailer progresses we see how we can drop in whenever we want on any of the three characters. Michael is trying to kill his son by cycling and is thinking of sending him to fat camp while Trevor is going crazy in one bad ass pick up truck giving the police a tough time. Further on in the trailer we finally have confirmation of car customisation. That was a feature that I missed in GTA IV. Moving on. We see a nice little plane flying over a train. YES more planes. The option of clothes to buy and sports to play sounds cool and this is probably Rockstars way of giving more control to the player but we have already seen these features in GTA IV. But diving and animal hunting sounds refreshing and it's going to be something cool to mess around with.  I love when the narrator says freaks to watch, meet and befriend. So does this mean that we can create a gang which includes Benjamin Franklin and  Abraham Lincoln I don't know, but if you think about it it would be cool to roll around Los Santos in a Cavalcade with them.  At 3.15 the narrator mentions that there has been a huge focus on mechanics in the game. Which will result in a better player experience, and I'm guessing that there might be some cinematic kills like in Max Payne 3 that would be cool. Further on in the trailer we are told that the improvements in the following areas have been made from driving and shooting to tennis and bike riding. Just as we see the colourful parachute open up I hear my two favourite words when it comes to games "Fun and Responsive". As the trailer moves along we see the serious side of GTA.( By the way is anyone really excited about the tow truck in the game. Ha it was funny when you hooked up a person that had stopped at a red light) We hear of a new fresh idea like the player setting up their own missions and then deciding on how to execute them. The tattoo studio is back in the game meaning ridiculously stupid tattoos on a fictional character, I am in. There is one thing that is not entirely clear to me can we buy cars in the game. But it seems like it, if its in the category of wasting money on materialistic things. At the end of the trailer we have confirmation of one cool feature rising from the dead. Purchasing property. In GTA IV I disliked that we were given safe houses rather than given the option to buy them in the locations that were more convenient to us. 

Just before I finish off this game play analysis I would like to say Rockstar have given us everything that we expected in the game, but also they have added new fresh features that will definitely be something to look forward to. So hang in there people enjoy the summer and hopefully September 17th is just around the corner.

Thanks for reading people and follow me on twitter @Jacob0527.

See you all soon !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment