Tuesday 30 July 2013

BioShock's Elizabeth VS. The Last Of Us Ellie.

What is up people ?

Lately I've been asking myself a question that probably has been on a lot of peoples minds. Who was a better character BioShock infinite's Elizabeth or The Last Of Us Ellie ? This is my personal opinion and some of you might disagree with me but that's fine. We all are entitled to our own opinion.

When I first played Bioshock infinite I thought it was the best game that I have ever played. But not for long. Sure I enjoyed it and I thought it was pretty cool but The last of us totally blew my mind.  Elizabeth was extremely helpful in those times when I was on the edge of death but I didn't feel an emotional attachment to her. With the last of us Ellie I felt completely different. It was cool interacting with her when we explored abandoned buildings and when we picked up the various items that triggered random conversations. I felt like Joel and Ellie were forming their own special bond. With Bioshock I felt that the whole story was more just to get from A to B. With the last of us I got that whole open world feeling, explore whenever you want and pick up whatever you want and most important enjoy every moment. 


Both games offered the protect the girl scenario. But I feel that Naughty Dog really understood the concept and really showed their true potential with their plot.
I like how Ellie was more involved in the main story she was with me the whole way till the end. Elizabeth was there but I didn't feel her presence. Yeah she spoke but I sort of ignored her most of the time. I don't know maybe it was that I enjoyed the plot more in The last of us but overall I think that Ellie was a character that had way more personality and she felt more real if you people know what I'm saying.
















Thanks for reading and follow me on twitter @Jacob0527 for regular updates.

See you all soon !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment