Thursday 18 July 2013

The Last of Us. Will it be game of the year ? Spoiler Alert !!!

What is up people ?



Today is the first day of Comic Con. But before all of the amazing events begin I would like to discuss with you people what I thought about "The Last of Us" and does it have enough to battle with upcoming games like "Grand Theft Auto V" ?

The game for me has been an emotional roller coaster. At times I felt my emotions going from totally pissed off by constant clickers and runners to crying my eyes out during the cut scenes(especially when Sarah gets shot by the soldier). But I don't care. This game was one of the best games I ever played and I mean it. I enjoyed every minute of it and I think that an experience like this should not be missed.

The Playstation 3 is an amazing console but at times I felt like some games were a major let down and definitely did not show the PS3's full potential. With the last of us its different. Naughty Dog squeezed every single bit of juice that the PS3 had to offer and gave us gamers and unforgettable experience. (All of you COD gamers I recommend you look away now), the last of us multi player is an experience that should not be missed and offers many game modes which in order to be successful you have to use your brain and put your stealth skills to the test.

Naughty Dog have allowed the PS3 to leave with a bang. The game has danger around every corner and after all the experiences you'e been through you can't trust anyone. Do you remember David ? From that first encounter, I kept my eye on him throughout that scene when I was Ellie and I was forced to team up with him to survive all the clickers and bloaters. In the end I was right David was a major asshole.

Ellie was a character that I really connected with I felt like I had to take care of her she was vulnerable and I really felt this way during the end when I was finally given information that in order for the cure to be successful she would have to die. At that moment I said to myself I'm Joel. I went on this long tiring journey with this girl as my companion and I think its the little things that helped me connect with her like that time she was looking at the ship in the ballroom or when she handed me Sarah's picture.

Overall I think the last of us is an unbelievable game and it currently is my number one all time favourite right now. I know that GTA V is going to be an awesome game and many people will want it to win game of the year but I don't think so. The last of us had such a strong appeal to many players and its a game that will be very tough to beat many years to come. I highly recommend this game to all of you serious gamers out there and you will not be disappointed. 

See you all soon !!! And have fun at Comic Con. Also follow me on twitter @Jacob0527.

No comments:

Post a Comment