Tuesday 25 June 2013

What do I think of Apple's "Siri" ?

What is up people ?

So for the past month I have been using Apple's virtual assistant Siri. Now I will discuss many different features that I have embarked on with using Siri, and some places where Apple could have improved on. 


Siri in general:

Siri is a virtual assistant that's supposed to make our lives easier. It creates reminders for us, tells us the weather, solves difficult mathematical equations, has the ability to open up apps, and send messages and tweets to our family and friends. As you all may think this all sounds like one cool feature. It is at first, but after a while, its not what you think. So if any of you are wondering if its worth updating your Iphone 4's and 3g's just for Siri you may want to listen.

My experience:

From the second that I booted up my Ipad I was prompted to use Siri straight away. I asked Siri a typical question "What am I called ?" So Siri answered back with I don't know you but can tell me by going into settings, blah blah blah. 
The second question that I asked Siri was "what's the weather like ?" Siri responded with a very accurate forecast and she was also able to give me a very nice week view display table. As I got comfortable with using Siri I started asking her more personal questions "Where were you made ?" and "What are you ?" From these questions I was able to get a laugh or two but not for long. Siri soon began her usual routine by asking me if I would like to search for(whatever I said) on the web. I just simply answered with "NO" and believe me people it does get frustrating. 

If you ask Siri "tell me a joke". She has a couple in store for you but that's just it and at times they do get quite repetitive and just simply boring. I know that Siri is a pretty cool feature that will be used and "is" being used by many different people around the world and probably for the right reasons. But if you're like me and like a laugh or two or want an answer to everything you ask well than Siri isn't for you.

Well don't you worry folks because I'm thinking that Apple is planning a big change for Siri with IOS 7. Apple claim that Siri will now be able to pronounce your name correctly if you have a real European name like me (HA) and I'm guessing that they have many more surprises in store for us.

My Evaluation:

Overall I like Siri. Its a pretty cool feature that will no doubt benefit people with certain disabilities and also those who have a very busy lifestyle and lot on their mind. As I have said if you're the one that wants to hear Siri sing you a little song over and over again, well than maybe its not worth upgrading guys. But stick around for IOS 7 coming this fall and no doubt Apple will shock us once again. With a fresh new look and impressive new features.

Thanks for reading and follow me on twitter @Jacob0527

See you all soon !!!



No comments:

Post a Comment