Thursday 27 June 2013

Are video games too expensive ?

What is up people ?

In the upcoming months we have been promised some top of the line games, and I'm sure all of you are super excited. It all sounds good but I'm going to ask you people one question. Have video games become too expensive ?

I'm sure that most of you people already know the amount of work that goes into one single game. First of all, a top of the line game could take four to five years to complete. Everybody involved in the process of design, coding and marketing has to get paid. So much hours have to be put in to make your experience the best it could possibly be and from the first minute that you turn on the game, you hope that it will be an unforgettable experience to the last. Let me show you people just how much work went into one of the best games that I have played "Bioshock Infinite".

Pretty impressive huh ? But then again you hear of the best games in the world making millions of dollars and only about 10-15% of those earnings go into making the next game in the franchise. It's a rough estimate but it seems to look that way folks. What would happen if a game that originally costs 54.99 cost 40.00 ? I'm thinking that it wouldn't really hurt the company's budget that badly. I mean come on people, if you think about it $15 in our pockets is a huge difference and I'm guessing that more people would be inclined to buy the game for $40.00 then for $54.99. If this would be the case well then I don't think that the gaming industry would even see a decrease in profits but  possibly a slight increase in profits.

Ok sometimes I give in :-) (Max Payne 3 and Bioshock Infinite)


So let me know people what are your opinions on the topic and do you think that a small decrease in the cost of a game would benefit us all ? Even when I think back now there were a couple of times that I had moths fly out of my wallet due to buying one or two brand new PS3 or 360 exclusives.(Damn, those marketing guys are good.)

Thanks for checking this out people and follow me on twitter for regular updates @Jacob0527.

See you all soon !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment