Thursday 20 June 2013

Did Microsoft throw in the towel, with their 180 move ?

What is up people ?

Big news has hit us all this week. Microsoft has decided to suddenly change their total approach towards us gamers. They have finally come to their senses, and now realise that they weren't going to win this battle against Sony with the way they were going. 

Microsoft have announced that the Xbox One will no longer require a 24 hour internet connection and now have a completely different outlook on how they should handle their used games policy. There you have it people if we speak up things can change. (Lets try that with Apple. ) From the start when the Xbox One was first announced, there had been a lot of rumours floating around in the twitter sphere. Now I think that Microsoft are looking like a bunch of pussies. Don't get me wrong I like that they reconsidered and changed their policies but to me it seems ridiculous that they caved under pressure. Whenever Don Mattrick was asked a question if they were ever considering changing their DRM  he simply answered with "We aren't changing anything" and now it seems funny to me how he simply went against everything he believed in and  went with the easy option out. 

Taking a look at the pre-order chart a huge change has occurred. Over one night Microsoft has taken more pre-orders than Sony. I like Sony and I hope all goes well for them but I think Microsoft went over their strategy for the better and obviously are going to be successful. 

Thanks for reading people and see you all soon !!!

Follow me on twitter @Jacob0527 for regular updates !!!


No comments:

Post a Comment