Saturday 8 June 2013

"State of Decay" is awesome !!!!!!!

What is up people ?

Over the week I heard some really good things about the game "State of Decay" and decided to pick this one up to quench the hunger for "The Last of Us" and I must say it filled the gap quite well.

This game is real people. Okay let me rephrase that. The game takes a dramatic turn based on the decisions you make. DUH ? I guess your saying but this one is a little bit different. You somehow gain an emotional attachment to your characters you level up and all is good. But if those flesh eating zombies get a hold of you you're a goner. And there's no going back.

The game opens up with you having to beat the crap out of some zombies that were attacking your friend. State of decay is the answer to all of our zombie game fantasies. For those of you who wanted GTA zombies and a game very similar to the walking dead series. This is the one. In the first 15 minutes of game play you might not be sure what's going on but then it's clearly evident that it's an open world RPG.

Let me explain to you how it works. You have the option to switch between various characters that you encounter along your journey and objective number one is stay alive. That means keep your head low, break into vacated shops, houses and petrol stations to keep you and your followers alive. while I was playing the game and breaking into a shop in the middle of the night I felt goosebumps, knowing that at any moment I could have been torn apart by those vicious monsters lurking in the darkness. After I broke into the shop and got everything that needed I got the hell out of there. But after seeing the faces of my fellow friends I knew it was worthwhile. It's things like these that feel rewarding when playing a game like state of decay.

I am going to be honest with you people the game is far from perfect. Zombies appear out of nowhere, they walk through closed doors, they fly  like forever when you hit them with the car and the game over all is very very jumpy and lumpy. At times its flawless but then you decide you want to speed up in your car and it seems like the game just simply cannot keep up with you. But lets not lose hope as the developers might send a patch to fix those problems. But don't let these things confuse you about buying the game. The game does everything else so right that you quickly forgive these glitches for occurring. 

Its the little things that make this game so entertaining like opening your door to smash a zombies face in and driving slowly so that your big V8 engine doesn't roar out into the distance alerting zombies nearby that you are present in the area.

As I have said this game is far from prefect but if you're the type of person that truly cares for the game and not the graphics then this is the one for you. Let's not forget this is a pretty sturdy game title for $20 and it almost keeps up with the best of the best.

Based on the six hours that I have already played I'm enjoying every minute of it with the occasional glitch here and there. I highly recommend this game to any zombie lover and weapons enthusiast. I gladly give this game 9/10 for the great idea that the developers had and also it's the only zombie game that actually gets it right.

Thanks for reading people and see you all soon !!!


No comments:

Post a Comment