Monday 29 April 2013

Does anyone remember this game ? I know I do.

What is up guys ? So I have been doing some simple house cleaning and I came across an old buddy of mine. Fallout 3. I began reminiscing about the crazy stuff I did in that game and the different achievements I had achieved over a year or so. 

In 2008 when the game was first launched it flew off the shelves. I can imagine that its still flying off today. Obviously its seen a few homes but if your planning on picking this one up. Do. So it got me thinking why is fallout a great game. First of all its an open world RPG. Everyone's fallout experience is completely different. One person could chose to join the bad guys and cause havoc in the local towns, just because he feels like it and another might chose to stand up and fight to protect those citizens. Second of all fallout has one of the most bad ass weapons out there. From handguns to rocket launchers. The game makes use of its open world and if you're the determined type of player then you're going to want to search for them. Heads up Lincoln's repeater is one of them. The characters that you embark on your journeys are all different and all have  interesting little stories attached. I enjoyed running into these characters because it only takes one of them to start a whole chain of quests. Remember its an open world that has suffered an atomic bomb attack, so it's not going to be pretty right? Guess again. Even though the world is in an utter chaos its one of the best designed environments I have ever seen. Not one building is the same and often you see buildings barely holding up. But as you look at these buildings there is a sense of curiosity, What is in that house? Could there be useful supplies that prepare me better for the journey ahead? Can I help someone in need?


Another element which I think makes fallout stand out as an RPG is you need to find supplies to survive. This makes the game unique as most games spoon feed you and offers you everything you need. Not fallout if you are suffering from radiation poisoning your going to need to find a doctor or some medicine to get you back to health. Sure its going to cost you some caps(fallout's currency) but its a decision between life or death. If you get shot in a particular part of your body, then that part is going to show up  as injured. In order for your character to stay sharp on those dark alleys your going to have to rest. Which means go to an abandoned house, find a bed and go to sleep. simple. And last but not least lets not forget V.A.T.S (Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System) is another great feature as in that time of need you can target any foe and a body part of your choice. Which in my opinion comes in pretty handy.



So there you have it guys some key features that I think make fallout stand out as an RPG and why its such a fun game to play. Let me know on some of the cool things that I should check out in Fallout and also tell me about your experiences with the game.

See you all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment