Monday 8 December 2014

Is my gaming rig still necessary?


Around this time last year I was determined to become a part of the YouTube gaming community. I wanted to do it all, let's plays, montages and live streams but most importantly video editing. Video editing was one of those things which I always heard of but I never actually tried. During the next few months I went on to create a few let's plays and montages, but I couldn't help to notice one thing. My laptop's performance was terrible.

My laptop would often freeze whilst editing video and I would have to take breaks from editing in order to calm myself down. In order to create a much smoother workflow I decided I'm going to build myself a gaming PC. It would solve all of my problems. Right? With this new gaming PC I would finally be able to focus on the enjoyable aspect of YouTube and create fun and entertaining content for everyone to watch and share. Sadly this was not the case. A few months passed since I got my gaming PC and I was still missing something, only this time I knew exactly what it was and that was passion. Whenever I write a new article and I see that you're enjoying the content that's being produced, it acts like fuel for me. It pushes me to write more and it reassures me that I'm on the right path and that's the path of being a journalist. So now the question being is "Is my gaming PC still necessary?"

To be completely honest I've gotten quite tired with Windows 7 and the whole PC experience. I've covered a fair share of Apple devices and computers as a journalist and I think I'm ready to make the switch from PC to Mac and I have a variety of reasons to back up my decision. 

The first one being all of the devices which I currently own are made by Apple apart from my PC. Ever since continuity became available on OS X Yosemite it seems like a mac would be the reasonable choice to go for.

The second reason is I've already invested so much money towards music and apps. Apps such as "Clear" are compatible with the Mac which means that all of my notes will just be there when I fire up the machine.

The third reason is I won't have to deal with cable management anymore. Which is always a plus in my book. Right now I have a ton of cables plugged into the back of my computer and it's just a pain to deal with. I sort of have OCD when it comes to keeping things organised. The iMac and the MacBook Air only have one power supply cable and that's what I call cable management.

Last but not least, the 5k iMac or the MacBook Air seem perfect for what I need them to be. I need a quick computer which is appealing to look at but also comfortable to use. I've always had a thing for Apple and the gaming rig which I have now is simply too much. Luckily I have a younger brother who is a YouTuber and I'm guessing that a PC such as this is exactly up his alley. 

Thanks for checking this post out people. If you like what you have read here make sure to click that share/+1 button for the latest game and tech news and also follow me on Twitter for updates about the site.

Twitter: WordLoops  


No comments:

Post a Comment